We're glad you asked!
For years, our Original Art Prints came exactly as the size listed (mostly 8x10, some 11x14), and they were printed on thick stock (between 80# and 110#) and usually letterpress or foil printed. They were packaged in a glassine sleeve with a piece of chipboard, and shipped in a flat mailer.
In October 2018, we discontinued our Original Art Prints to make way for our new Art Print offering, which we are so excited about! These new Art Prints are different in these ways:
– Each and every print will be custom made to order!
– This is the first time ever, Lindsay's abstracts will be available as Art Prints, hooray!
– As always, we do not offer returns, but we will always gladly exchange your print if something isn't right! (Click here to read the full policy)
– On the lettered pieces, you're now able to choose the background color that works best for your space!
– The prints will include a 1" border on all sides, which is a traditional trait for fine art framing. This makes it easier to handle when framing, and it makes the edges less susceptible to damage. It is less ideal if you're not going to include a matte when framing the piece, but that's an easy solution. Simply place the glass from your frame over your print, and then trim around the edge using an exacto knife. (You could also trace around the glass [if your print is white] and use a scissors).
– The prints will come rolled in a tube, as opposed to a flat mailer. This is because it's nearly impossible to damage these tubes, and that's a huge win! Especially at holiday, our mail system is inundated with mail, and the safer we can keep your art, the better!
– The prints will no longer come in a glassine sleeve. This is because the sleeve was intended to protect the art from many points of handling the print before it made it's way to you. However now, since each piece will be printed custom just for you, it's life span before it makes it's way to you (and amount of handling) is much shorter. To keep your print as safe as possible, we recommend that you keep it rolled in it's mailer until it's time to frame or hang it!
Tip!:: If you are gifting your art unframed, we suggest that you actually wrap the tube! It looks adorable, and will keep the art safe! Or, leave it unwrapped, too and just finish it off with a beautiful ribbon (Lindsay loves these!). Either way, we have a fun downloadable gift tag we'll be adding to the shop soon, and we think that will be the perfect finishing touch!
*to read more about the transition to print on demand, check out this blog post!